The V Centenary of the Birth of St. Teresa of Avila in Cuba
On the occasion of the V centenary of the birth of St. Teresa of Jesus, from 15 October this year until 15 October 2015, Pope Francis said Teresa Jubilee Year, and we want to invite you to live in the hometown of the Holy. In the CITeS, We have prepared a program and a special offer to encourage all groups wishing to follow the footsteps teresianas, from his birthplace, to its first foundation, the Convento de San José.
In the Catholic tradition, the Jubilee is a great religious event, and is the chance to live with greater commitment values of solidarity, hope and justice. Is also a time when reconciliation, conversion and sacramental penance, experienced as personal itinerary of full communion with God, through his Son Jesus Christ and the grace of the Holy Spirit, following the spiritual legacy of Teresa of Jesus.
Programming Ávila Teresiana
Accommodation CITeS-University of Mystic. An original space in Ávila, built near the Monastery of the Incarnation, in the places where he used to pray San Juan de la Cruz and Santa Teresa.
Full board or half board
An atmosphere of brotherhood and prayer
Support and guided tour of the Teresian places of Avila city
Lectures on the life and message of Teresa of Jesus
Free participation at Mass Pilgrim
Winning the Jubilee
Pilgrimages open to groups and / or individuals
How would the pilgrimage?
3 days (2 nights)
Groups from 20 people. Smaller groups see prices.
Dates and rates:
November 2014 to the 15 de marzo de 2015
Midweek (Arrival and departure late Monday Wednesday; arrival or departure Wednesday afternoon and Friday): 70 € (per person) on a double room, full board, guides and entrance fees listed (Single room supplement 15 € per person.
Weekends: 80 € per person in double. double, all inclusive (Single room supplement 15 € per person)
The 16 March to October 2015
Midweek (Arrival and departure late Monday Wednesday; arrival or departure Wednesday afternoon and Friday): 85 € s got. double (Single room supplement 15 € per person).
Weekends: 95 € s got. double, all inclusive (Single room supplement 15 € per person)
– On the afternoon of the first day: welcome, and chat atmosphere in the life of Teresa of Jesus
– Prayer time. Price. Free time
– Eucharistic Celebration. Breakfast
– Ruta Teresina: Guided visit to the convent and set birthplace and the monastery of San José (walking route)
– Afternoon: Guided tour of the convent of the Incarnation
– Talk about Teresian prayer
– Moment of Teresian prayer
– Dinner and free time
– Weekday (choose):
– Mass at 8.00 h. in the CITeS
– Mass at 8.30 h. in the Incarnation
Sundays: 8.30 h.: Morning prayer. Breakfast
– Possibility of confessions on request (to win the Jubilee)
– Free time to visit the city with the opportunity to participate in the Mass of the Pilgrim (Sundays only):
– In the cathedral at 11.00 h.
– In the Church of the Holy to 12.30 h.
– In the CITeS to 13.00 h.
-Food to 14.00 h.